M.S Ramaiah Institute of Nursing is one of the best nursing institutes in India that was founded by Dr M.S. Ramaiah. It was established in the year 1987 that is located in Bangalore, India. The institute is affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences Karnataka and has been permitted by the Indian Nursing Council, The Karnataka State Nursing Council and the Government of Karnataka.
The institute provides an excellent learning ambience to the students through an experienced set of teachers and instructors. The students get proper clinical training in the parent hospitals under proper guidance from expertise. The institute aims to nurture young minds through the sound education system and turn them into skilled professionals.
M.S Ramaiah Institute of Nursing is filled with facilities that are provided to the students. There is an advance learning centre build inside the college with the sole aim to encourage research and training. Cadaveric research and training existing in this college give the chance for all the students to learn about ‘Operation Theater’. Students in the laboratories are guided by well-qualified professionals who have the high level of knowledge and experience so that they can teach students to understand the matter from every perspective.
Library in M.S Ramaiah Institute of Nursing is very extensive and well managed. Students can find almost 6000 volumes of the latest edition of the book that are related to various courses and general interest. Separate journal section can also be found in the library. The college has recently added more books which worth three lakhs and has also the subscription for 20 Journals. There is departmental library facility in the college with the service of e-library along with HELINET facility. One can get the experience of high-speed internet access which helps them to download and review scientific presentations, seminars and publications.
The students who get enrolled in M.S Ramaiah Institute of Nursing can seek opportunity in the M.S. Ramaiah Medical Teaching Hospital after the completion of their respective courses. The Institute is attached to M.S Ramaiah Hospital (M.S. Ramaiah Memorial Hospital) that has a capacity of 1650 beds and has 15 operating rooms.
Why M.S Ramaiah Institute of Nursing?
M.S Ramaiah Institute of Nursing is amongst the best nursing college running in India. This college has been providing its service in the field of health sciences since a long time. Being in this college student can experience the best deal of nursing education by a highly intellectual group of professors. Here in this college students are instructed in such a way that it builds up self-confidence in students which help them to conquer all the skills with high understanding.
As M.S Ramaiah Institute of Nursing has its own parent hospital, after the completion of the course nurses get a good chance to get a job in M.S Ramaiah Hospital and M.S Ramaiah Memorial Hospital. These hospitals have been providing their services since a long time and are one of the best-known hospitals in India. And getting an entry in these hospitals is a lifetime opportunity for a nurse.
Talking about the facilities that M.S Ramaiah Institute of Nursing provides are at its best. Students get the proper chance to enhance the knowledge of their subject with the highly facilitated laboratories that this college provides. There is a very spacious library with a wide range of books related to the courses with high-speed internet service.
Being in M.S Ramaiah Institute of Nursing is a life changing opportunity for all the students who want to build a prolific career in the field of health care. So join M.S Ramaiah Institute of Nursing and pave your path to become a successful personality in your future career.
Nursing course is usually taken up by female students but this college encourages the male students to also pursue this program. The course is registered and recognized by Indian Nursing Council, Karnataka Nursing Council and Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences.
Nursing is a profession that is gaining so much importance in the healthcare system of any nation. Nurses have a wide scope in today’s world in every field. The duration of the course is 4 years that includes theory and practical classes. Nurses are an important element of the healthcare system. The course aims at a holistic development of a student. Admission is done on Merit basis or based on the result of 10+2 examination, no entrance exams would be held.
- B.Sc. Nursing
- Completed 10+2 examination or completed any examination under the Government board or council with subjects Physics, chemistry, biology and English.
- Minimum of 45% marks obtained in all the subjects taken together. (PCBE)
- Completed 17 years of age at the time of admission.
- Students should present an Eligibility certificate from Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore.
Post graduate degree in Nursing is a 2 years full time course taken after completion of B.Sc. Nursing course. This course is affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences and is approved by Karnataka Nursing Council and Indian Nursing Council. Students who are interested in academics and research work take up this course. The program is implemented to produce capable nurses who work efficiently as an important member of the healthcare system.Students are also given option of 5 specialties under this course. The students are to submit a dissertation for the completion of the course. This program gives the students basic concepts for the future development of the graduates. The fields of specialization offered under this course are:
- M.Sc NursingThe specialization is done by the nurses who work in patient care units, ambulatory care units, surgical centers, emergency care units etc. The nurses of this specialization deal with health of adult patients. The nurses of this field are to study about medicines as well, as they are to look after the medication of the patients.This area of nursing deals with women in their age from puberty till menopause. The nurses of this field give care to women who have health issues regarding their reproductive system like during pregnancy, child labor, birth etc. The nurses of this area work in maternity wards.The nurses are to pursue a diploma or a degree related to women’s health and obstetrics to become OB/GYN nurses. Minimum of 2 years of experiences is needed to sit for NCC Inpatient Obstetric Nursing certification Examination and become a certified OB/GYN nurse.The nurses trained in this area are involved in healthcare of the community. They work in rural and urban community healthcare centers. The community health nurses are responsible for the health of an entire community. To become a community health nurse, one needs to be a registered nurse by getting a degree and by sitting for the exam of National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses. The nurses also need to have work experience for several years.This area specializes in giving healthcare to infants and children. The nurses are given training in giving care to children or infants with health issues. To practice nursing of this area, the nurses needs to be a registered nurse with a bachelor’s degree.also known as mental health nursing is a course where the nurses specialize in mental health and care for people who are suffering of mental illness. Nurses of this area get trainings in psychological therapies. A psychiatric nurse is required to be a registered nurse and specialize in mental health. This type of nurse work in mental institutes, psychiatric hospitals, mental asylums etc.
- Medical Surgical Nursing
- Obstetrics and Gynecology Nursing
- Community Health Nursing
- Pediatrics Nursing
- Psychiatric Nursing
- Completed B.Sc. Nursing or PB B.Sc. Nursing Course approved by Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences or any equivalent university.
- 55% aggregate in B.Sc. Nursing and PB B.Sc. Nursing.
- 5% relaxation to candidates from SC/ST/OBC category.
- Minimum of 1-year work experience required certified under Indian Nursing Council.
- Candidates should be registered nurses.
- Candidates should be medically fit.
- Eligibility certificate from Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences to be produced.
- Age limit-48 for general category and 50 for ST/SC.
- English as a medium of instruction.